Being able to create something aesthetically pleasing with a pencil and paper takes practice, but it doesn’t have to be complicated. Drawing aesthetically doesn’t involve just art but it involves a combination of style, composition, perspective and an understanding light and values. Here are some tips to help you get started creating beautiful works of art:
1. Get to know the elements of design– Before you begin to draw, it’s important to understand the basic elements of design. Line, shape, texture, color and form are all important elements to consider when you are creating your artwork. Take some time to research and practice these elements to develop a better understanding of how to effectively compose your work.
2. Understand the principles of design– The principles of design involve how the elements of design work together to create harmony and interest in a piece. Proportion, balance, contrast, emphasis, rhythm, and unity are the seven principles of design that are important to consider when you are drawing. Understanding the principles of design are key to creating aesthetically pleasing artwork.
3. Choose a style– There are many different styles of artwork that can be used to create a visually appealing piece. Whether it be realism, abstract, or graphic design, choosing a style is an essential part of creating aesthetically pleasing artwork. Do some research on different styles to help you decide which type of artwork would best suit your skill level and the message you are trying to convey.
4. Study the masters– Taking time to look at and study the work of famous artists will help to widen your knowledge and understanding of what aesthetic artwork looks like. Study their technique and how they use their art to convey different messages. Try and use what you have learnt from the masters in your own works.
5. Draw from your imagination– It’s always important to practice sketching from basic shapes. Spend some time drawing from your imagination, taking into consideration the elements of design and principles of design you have learnt. Practicing from your imagination allows you to get better at freehand drawing, which is an important skill to have in order to create aesthetically pleasing artwork.
6. Use perspective– Perspective is a key factor when it comes to creating aesthetically pleasing artwork. Taking the time to understand one and two point perspective will allow you to create depth and dimension in your work, making it look more realistic.
7. Pay attention to the light and value– Paying close attention to the light and value in your artwork will help to bring it to life. Understanding how to use light and shadows to create different values will help to convey a stronger message and add more depth to your work. Pay attention to where the light source is coming from and practice depicting different values and tones.
8. Put the finishing touches– Once you have finished your piece it’s time to put the finishing touches. This can include adding color, texture, or even details. Taking the time to finish the piece properly will help to create a truly aesthetically pleasing work of art.
9. Be patient and practice– Drawing aesthetically will take time and it won’t happen over night. Don’t give up if things don’t turn out the way you want them to. Stick with it and keep practicing until you are happy with the results. Take the time to research and practice the elements of design and principles of design as this will help you to create aesthetically pleasing works of art.
10. Have fun– Drawing is supposed to be a fun experience so don’t take it too seriously. Use it as an outlet for creativity and express yourself in whatever way you like. Most importantly, have fun and enjoy the process. It’s important to keep in mind that creating aesthetically pleasing artwork takes time and patience. With practice and dedication, you will be able to create stunning pieces of art.