Ever wanted to learn how to draw and not sure where to begin? Youtube is the perfect place for aspiring artists to hone their skills and practice their craft! With hundreds of thousands of drawing tutorials and step-by-step instructions, you can learn how to draw from the comfort of your own home. Here’s a quick guide on how to draw on YouTube.
Step 1: Find Tutorials
First, the most obvious step: find the perfect tutorial for you. There’s a multitude of video tutorials to choose from on YouTube, whether it’s learning how to draw a realistic portrait or just a basic digital painting tutorial. Don’t be overwhelmed by all the options – do some research and pick the video that you think is best. Popular drawing channels like Sycra Yasin and RapidTables can help get you started.
Step 2: Collect Supplies
Once you’ve identified the ideal tutorial for you, it’s time to get the supplies you’ll need. You don’t need anything fancy to get started. All you need is a pencil, a drawing paper, and the tools for shading and blending, such as a blending stump, blending paper, and eraser. If you don’t have these tools yet, don’t worry – most tutorial videos usually list the basic materials you’ll need, so you can shop accordingly.
Step 3: Take Notes
Once you have the materials you need, it’s time to watch the tutorial and take notes. Don’t expect to get the drawing perfect on your first try. Pay attention to the details and the technique used – pay attention to the small details and make sure you’re following along with the tutorial video. Taking notes can also help you retain the information better and review the tutorial again if needed.
Step 4: Practice and Experiment
When you’ve watched the tutorial and taken down the steps, it’s time to practice. Don’t be afraid to experiment and try new techniques. With practice and a lot of effort, you’ll slowly get better and become more proficient. Don’t be too hard on yourself – progress takes time!
Step 5: Pat Yourself On the Back
Once you’re done practicing, it’s time to give yourself a pat on the back for a job well-done. You’ve just transcended from a beginner to a proficient artist, and now you can go on to create your own works of art! So go ahead and sing that victory song – you deserve it for a job well done.
Now that you understand the basics of how to draw on YouTube, here are some additional tips to master the technique faster:
- Try drawing from multiple angles. When tackling a complicated subject or drawing, your mind may be better off understanding its shape from multiple angles. When drawing from 3D references, changing angles can help you clarify the details.
- Pay attention to your anatomy. When drawing figures or characters, it’s important to pay attention to the anatomy. This includes the placement of the hands, eyes, and body parts. Don’t forget to study up on your anatomy if you want to draw realistically!
- Listening is key. As with any activity, listening is key when drawing. Listen to what the tutorial is saying and don’t be afraid to pause and rewind when needed.
- Set goals. Have a goal in mind when drawing – do you want to be able to draw realistically, experiment with different styles, learn how to colour better? Setting a goal can help you stay focused and motivated.
- Enjoy yourself! Drawing can be a long and tiring process. Make sure to have fun and don’t get discouraged if you don’t get something right the first time. With time and practice, you’ll reach the level you want.
Learning how to draw on Youtube is a rewarding experience for anyone who wants to sharpen their drawing skills. With just a few basic supplies and some time, you can become the next up-and-coming artist! Keep these steps in mind to get started, and start drawing your masterpiece today!